Beginning to get some pics posted on this site, now I have the task of re-arranging so things are in some kind of an order! Most of the pictures at the top of this site are nearly all from last year and early this year. But this may change (hopefully).
04 was the year of discovering the beautiful places in, and close to the prefecture Im currently living in, (Fukushima). There was the occasional trip to Tokyo for drunken tom-foolery, sightseeing, and discovery, Nikko for some Japanese history that included Toshogu temple and Edo Village, Aizu for Samarai history, Nasu for more sightseeing, Iwake for surfing, and Sendai for work and some good shopping. 05 has included more of the same with some sweet additions. The Sumo in September, was a highlight as well as my recent trip to Kyoto, the most amazing city I've seen in Japan. I'd definetly love to see the Sumo again as well as revisiting Kyoto, there are literally thousands of temples to see in Kyoto. I've met some fantastic people at work and also outside work including other foreign teachers. Some have been and gone while I've been here, such as Pete my mate from Brissy Australia. My first flatmate 'Owain' turned out to be a great bloke, we had some fantastic times, and I hope to remain good friends with him in the future. Theres also the Scotsman Roy (Ive never seen a guy sweat as much as he does!), the flamboyant American John (thats fer real), Mystic Pete mentioned above, Rob, Jemma, Kaori, Bryan, The Champ (matty australia), Lisa (the Sanfransiscian), Noah, Joanne, Jeremy, Kengo, Wendy, Melissa, Linda, Ian and many more, not to mention the great Japanese students and people I have met.
Next year I'm hoping to do some more travelling, inside or outside Japan. Places in Japan I'd like to see are Hokkaido, Nara, Kamakura, to name a few.
Soon I'll be off to Australia for Christmas and New Year, something I'm really looking forward to, its nearly two years since I've been away and it feels more like 2 weeks.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home