SNOWBOARDING EXTRAVAGANZA!!
Yesterday marked my first ever try at snowboarding. And what a day it was. At -15 degrees and snowing heavily I knew I was in for a challenging first experience. On the other side of the coin, the more snow there was, the less painful it was to fall, and when I did fall it was like dissappearing into a cloud of soft powder! And did I fall. A run down the mountain that usually takes an experienced snowboarder 10-15 mins took me bout an hour on my first try. It was bloody frustrating falling consistently and not knowing how to stop, but I occasionally got a glimpse of the thrill of snowboarding that everyone keeps raving about.
On my next try and after some encouragement and coaching from the big "T" and Roy I went at it again. No improvement, and more falling. I was getting frustrated and began thinking this snowboarding thing "sucks". (Nothing like aiming for perfection of your first go, but anyway!!) Then halfway through my second run it clicked, I worked out how to stop successfully stop, (which is pretty important!), and my confidence was given a boost. More falling but longer boarding times. Then on my third go I started to get the hang of it, I could actually stay on the board for a period of time before falling. The speed you can get on these things is amazing.
Then after succesfully mastering the 360 reverse kickback thrust powerslide I decided I might give the Italian Winter Olympics a go!!!


1 Comments:
ben your snow photos were fantastic. WOULD like some of that snow on our hot days. how far from koriyama were you. diary is great to see whats happening. snowboarding probably like surfing.mum and dad xx
Post a Comment
<< Home