BenInJapan

Describe this!!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Nikka Whisky/Yamadera Bus Trip

I finally made it to a Koriyama International Exchange Asoociation Bus trip, with lots of encouragement from John and a little from Kyoko! Was a great day, 20 foreigners and 20 Japanese people, and all were friendly and eager to meet new people. The first stop was the Nikka factory, there was free whisky tasting on offer so John and I made the most of that even after lunch. I think the barlady was drinking too as she nearly smashed Johns camera!
I bought some delicious apple wine as a momento, yes they make wine too, I'm not a huge fan of whisky.
Then we were on to Yamadera, a holy temple established in A.D 860. It was amazing as you can see by the pictures, and the 1100 steps to the top were great exercise. Its amazing this place was alive and thriving nearly 1000 years before Australia was discovered. Leese also turned up as she lives not far from Yamadera, it was great to see her.
Im looking forward to the next trip in October!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home