IM BACK
Its been over a month but I'm finally back on the net and alot has changed. I have a new job, new apartment, basically a new life. I now work for the board of Education in Koriyama and teach english at 6 different elementary schools, or primary schools, as we call them in Australia. My new job is fantastic, I get driven to school and back every day by taxi or city office car. Its alot busier and involves far more physical activity than my previous job, and also has alot of extra benefits like school holidays, healthcare benefits etc. Now I'm required to speak Japanese as part of my job so everyday Im doing as much study as possible. The kids and teachers are great and have a real passion for learning english so I try to make it as fun as possible. The process of obtaining this job was probably one of the hardest aspects, especially the interview conducted fully in Japanese. It was fairly daunting sitting by myself in the middle of a large room while 5 officials fired questions at me in Japanese. But I had alot of good people helping me along the way, namely Kyoko, Ben, and Michelle. I'm contracted until next August so it looks like I'll be here a little longer!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home