BenInJapan

Describe this!!

Friday, April 06, 2007

WEEKEND IN DUNKELD

Having arrived in Australia that morning it was off to Dunkeld to catch up with "The Drinks Mob". This included a rare visit from an old buddy of mine, Ben Wright, and his brother Jeremy who drove all the way from Darwin! Friday night was great, copious amounts of beer were drunk, stories were told, and David Sadler (sarge) fell over a table. At about 2 or 3am, went to bed in the well furnished cabins, then got up the next afternoon to climb Mt Stergeon. It took a total of about 4 hours up and down, you can see the great view from the photos below, and it wasnt without incident. My sister decided to get lost for a while and this caused widespread panic of a magnitude I havent seen since lighting the neighbouring paddock on fire back in 81. I thought I'd left my sister in the responsible and capable hands of Auntie Margaret and Uncle Ian but they werent up to the task and as usual I copped the blame for it receiving a viscious spray from mum!
Saturday night was BBQ night, more drinking, late night flying foxing (Kristen managed to get injured again), and planning for next years fest. Sunday was cleaning, packing, and leaving. My first weekend back in Australia was a great start at memorial Dunkeld, I had a great time with great people and was also able to meet some of the new additions that have sprouted in the past few years since being in Japan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home