Koken Shogakko
Last Wednesday 18th July was my final day teaching at elementary. I taught at Koken Shogakko, the biggest of all my schools, about 1000 students. As is customary here in Japan I received many gifts and cards. At the end of the day in the staff room the teachers had an official farewell ceremony for me where I was presented with an authentic gimbe. A gimbe is the traditional summer wear for Japanese men, complete with geta (Japanese sandals), fan and pouch. It was a fantastic gift. I was also presented with money, I couldnt believe it. If you look at the photo's above you can see me wearing the gimbe to some farewell dinners with my schools teachers. Teaching so many kids at this school it was hard to get to know them all but it was always great fun.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home