BenInJapan

Describe this!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Unexpected News.
Recently I was invited to the KBOE (Koriyama Board of Education) for a meeting, just me. I knew something was up as meetings usually consist of all BOE teachers. I went to the meeting after work expecting some bad news and discovered my instincts were right. I was informed that my contract will finish the end of the school term in July, only one year after I began. I was expecting to stay maybe two or three years. The reason is that the local government has reduced funding to education, and as I was employed privately (not part of the JET program) so they cant afford to keep my position open. The news was very dissapointing as they were adament I commit for at least three years and I quit my previous job for this opportunity as well as moving to a new apartment. Now I have a big decision to make. I guess I have three options, return to Australia, find another job in Koriyama, or find another job somewhere else in Japan. It boils down to two choices as there are countless numbers of jobs for people here who wanna teach english. Stay or go home.
Either way I have to be out of my apartment by the end of next month so I have to make a decision soon, pack up my stuff and find new accomodation or send it all back to Australia.
At this stage I have no idea of what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home