BenInJapan

Describe this!!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

MELBOURNE

I havent been to Melbourne since I left for Japan three years ago. Now Melbourne is one place that has changed drastically in this time. Theres new high-rises, shops, bridges, and Federation Square. Federation Square is impressive, its situated in the heart of Melbourne and is a great place to navigate from. Theres a new tourist info centre there for people who wanna look around the city as well as museums, shopping arcades and restaraunts. Its also a great place for people to congregate whenever watching big sporting events that are not in Melbourne. Theres a huge screen on the side of one of the buildings, and I've been told 10,000 people watched the soceroos there when we played in the world cup. The atmosphere in downtown Melbourne would have been amazing!!
I also had the chance to catch up with Sally, a friend of mine from Japan who I worked with at Nova. She works downtown so we could catch up for lunch at one of the great new cafes near Flinders Lane. Theres also lots of cool little bars there. Sally's the girl in one of the pictures below, shes standing in front of the graffiti. That day was also great for souveneir shopping, I was supprised how many Australiana gift shops there are now.
Federation square is the second picture under this post. The first one is the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), the biggest stadium in Australia and home to Aussie Rules Football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home